- Prom dresses run at least one size smaller just like wedding gowns so pick dresses a size larger and you’ll get a perfect fit.
- Keep an open mind. Try on lots of different styles of dresses. You might love a dress you never thought you’d wear.
- Dresses look better on you than on the hanger–so try it on.
- Listen to the opinions of your mom and/or friends as to what styles and colors look good on you. Just because you like the dress in an ad, doesn’t mean it’s the dress for you.
- Let the salesperson help you try on the dresses. They help you zip and lace up the dresses, hang them back up and save you time shopping.
- Listen to the salesperson’s ideas because they know which body type the dresses look good on. They know which styles are hot and which styles have a great fit.
- There’s no way to guarantee that you’ll be the only one at prom with your dress since girls buy from bridal shops in neighboring towns and also online. Let your friends know which dress you buy so that they will be able choose another style.
- Starting shopping in January or February when the selection of prom dresses is the largest. Buy your dress a couple of months before your prom to have lots of time for alterations.
- Almost every prom dress will need some alterations for a perfect fit. Always buy your prom shoes before your alteration appointment so the dress can hemmed to correct length.
- Consider buying your accessories and shoes at the time you buy your dress. You’ll have the dress on when trying on jewelry and shoes so you can see the complete look before you buy.
Comfort is the primary concern for any one whether a sports woman, housewife, college girl, or working woman. Women casual wear is the one way of getting such comforts. However besides the comfort, every woman wishes to look fashionable and keep up with the current fashion styles without looking sloppy and out of fashion.
Women Casual Clothes
Women those are lucky enough dressing in women’s casual clothes everyday could face multiple challenges.
First challenge for the fashion seeker is building the core wardrobe.
Such wardrobe should have enough varieties to choose from.
Selecting the perfect one without looking like a slob is the basic objective.
Getting Help With a few Tips
For those aspiring to get the best women’s casual or women fashion dresses can do well with a few tips to accomplish the task. Such tips would help them build up their casual attire. Here are some tips for such people.
Casual wear should be bought the same way as the regular wear for the women.
Since the challenge would be building up the best women dresses wardrobe with casual wear and sportswear, the steps should be taken in that direction only.
Best approach for casual clothing is buying trio colored and making the best mix.
Matching the wardrobe with the best color collection of fashion suits for women would be the right way for building it up.
Wardrobe should also contain accessories like handbags and purses besides shoes, stockings, goggles, and caps to match the best women dresses available.
Multiple colors are suitable for casual wear like the denim, tan, white, black, and khaki.
While the women skirts, miniskirts, Ritz outerwear and such other women dresses are great for enhancing the appearance and personality of a woman, one cannot undermine the value of matching shoes. Providing completeness to the apparel they offer the best solutions for converting the ordinary into something extraordinary. In the process they also enhance the beauty and elegance of the person substantially. Matching shoes go well with all types of casual wear including the sportswear.
Casual accessories like purses and handbags go well with the casual wear for women. Casual attire and classic looks are two different things but can be blended to make great combination in the world of fashion.
Are you tired of trying to make yourself seem a little taller but not getting anywhere fast? Do not give up hope just yet as I have a few fashion tips that could help you. If you also exercise and have a good diet you can enhance the appearance more.
I know what you are thinking, what has diet and exercise got to do with giving the illusion of appearing taller? Well the diet part works like this. By having a diet that is full of nutrients such as calcium, amino acids, protein and the like you can effectively make your bones healthier and stronger. This will make you more upright in appearance.
Exercising regularly helps the bones too but also makes you slimmer. It is far easier to find clothes that make you appear taller when you are slimmer.
So now that is the diet and exercise out of the way what about the clothes you wear everyday? Do you wear shirts or pants with patterns on them?
Do you also wear two tone clothes or outfits that button up? Do you also wear tiny looking shoes? These are not good for you appearance. You are inadvertently making yourself look shorter.
Wearing two-tone colored clothing draws attention to the mid section of your body where the colors meet and this makes your legs appear smaller. Outfits with buttons or patterns do the same. It is more effective to blur the waistline as much as possible. Therefore you need a solid color scheme such as black or blue to make you appear taller.
A dark blue business suit can alter your appearance and make you seem taller as can striped clothing. Pinstripe suits or pants or vertical stripes on your stockings can make you look slimmer and taller.
High heel shoes obviously make you look taller as will shoes with the enhanced insoles in them. Bigger shoes can make your feet look bigger and this in turn can make you appear taller too.
Men: we all know it’s important to look good, but that it’s equally as important not to look like you know that it’s important to look good. Twenty – or even fifteen – years ago, a man’s accessories simply weren’t a big part of the fashion industry. Men’s accessories have become a huge part of today’s fashion market, and today men are under just as much pressure as women to pull together a perfectly-accessorized outfit in order to make the best possible impression to those around them. From Stylish wallets and belts to latest much have accessory the Man Bag…So here are some fashion tips, that no matter how clueless you are, will set you well on to the road to an appearance of effortless style.
- Match your belt with your shoes. Such a simple touch, but one that makes the difference between dishevelled charm and threw-it-on-in-the-dark disinterest.
- Don’t go mad with colour. Fashion isn’t about having everything matching but it is advisable to exercise a little restraint with colour unless you’re a catwalk model. Bright colours go with black, reds go with brown and denim goes with (nearly) everything.
- Just wedding rings.
- Get a nice wallet. It’s the little things that count and dragging round a ripped, scratched wallet is more likely to have you losing your cash than winning admiring glances.
- Think about a manbag.
Weighing down your pockets with keys, wallet and phone damages the material of your trousers and isn’t exactly comfortable either. Manbags are definitely here to stay and you can show that you’re on top of fashion into the bargain by getting one. Check out some great manbags to be found on the web and great deals to be had at the moment..
- Choose trousers that fit. High waisted jeans a la Simon Cowell are a definite no-no, as are skater slouches that not only show your boxers but also your knees and ankles if you’re unlucky. Get a belt if necessary (see Tip 1).
- Avoid beige. Traditionally the premise of over 60s holidays and Crocodile Dundee, beige is rarely a good colour both fashionably and practically.
- Wear a scarf. Nothing like a bit of opera-going sophistication to add to your ensemble – choose something understated and wear it draped around your neck rather than tied.
- Throw away the hair gel. Too nineties!
- Follow the stars. GQ magazine have just published their “Best Dressed 2011” list – check it out here for more inspiration! Visit Just4leather today and see their terrific mens fashion items today.
What a man wears is as important as honing his communication skills because of the attention your clothing attracts. Having the right wardrobe is an important part of letting people see you for who you are. They say that we are judged more by our body language than what we say and our clothes play a big part in that.
In this article I’m going to give you some important fashion tips to help you build your wardrobe starting from the most basic viewpoint.
- I cannot stress this enough! Before you go and start altering any of your suits think twice. It is very easy to mess them up and have them look horrible. I advise you to get a professional tailor to do any alterations necessary.
- When you go to purchase a shirt make certain it fits properly around the neck. You want to make sure the collar is neither to tight or to loose. You also want to make certain that your shirt cuffs come close to half an inch below the sleeves of your suits.
- Keep your shoes shined. This is very important if you want to impress someone. Keeping your shoes shined and in great condition shows that you have pride in how you look and it makes you look like someone that should be respected.
- A classy gentleman will always wear a watch. You can decide to either wear a plain gold watch with a classic band or go for a something a little more elegant like a pocket watch with a chain.
- An important part of dressing up is wearing the proper socks. They should always go up high enough on the leg so that your legs will not show when you sit.
- The most important part of giving a great impression is to always wear a big smile. When you shake hands with people make sure you give a good firm grip to show that you are confident and secure in your surroundings.
Your biggest asset is you and showing people that you can dress for success is one of the best fashion tips I can give you. It will get you a whole lot further than words ever could.
- Location: Your location can play a big part in what type of dress you choose. If you’re getting married on the beach in the summer you may want to stick to a light-weight dress without a train. If you’re going for a winter indoor wedding a ball gown dress or a modest dress might work best for the temperature.
- Budget: Keep in mind the additional costs for accessories, undergarments and alterations. Alterations will most likely be an additional cost that most brides disregard. These costs usually account for 10-15% of the dress.
- Start early: Make sure to keep track with a timeline or calendar. It can take anywhere from 4-8 months to get designer dresses. Make sure to have an additional month, at least, before the wedding for alterations.
- Do some research: This is a definitely one of the most important of the 10 tips for choosing your wedding dress. There are a variety of different color whites, ivories, champagnes, and other wedding dress colors? Some body types work with certain dress styles. Take photos of dresses you find to stores to give the consultant a better idea of what you want or something similar.
- Make a “game plan”: Decide where you want to go and when. Keep in mind that most bridal shops will be busiest on the weekends so going on a weekday may allow for more one-on-one time with your consultant and you’ll feel more like a princess being in the store with less people. Only go to 1 to 2 stores in one day or you will get overwhelmed. Allow about 1-1.5 hours at each store. Carry a notebook to keep track of dresses and styles you like and store info.
- Bring backup: It’s always nice to have a second opinion but having too many opinions can be overwhelming. A suggested number of guests are 1-5. Keep in mind that it’s YOUR wedding so go with what you love and not what others love.
- Find a dress for less: Most stores have discontinued (but still very gorgeous and trendy) dresses at lower costs. Don’t disregard these dresses! Some stores also have trunk shows where they may have sales the day of. You can also usually get coupons at bridal shows and other events.
- Keep an open mind: Bridal consultants are there to help you. Some dresses look different on than just hanging. You never know what it looks like on you until you try it on.
- Focus on fit not size: This is another very important tip for choosing your wedding dress. Most stores will only have sample sizes that are not your exact size. Bridal sizes also run smaller than normal clothing sizes. You always want to go with a size that fits now or larger. Alterations can always take in a dress but it can’t always be let out.
- Get it in writing: Go over a contract or timeline with your consultant for deposit prices, when the dress will arrive, alterations estimates, shipping, and return policy. Also prior to order, make sure to double check the styles, size and color so there is no confusion.
Every person loves to become fashionable. Most of the people follow fashion tips to keep themselves updated on the latest trends. People irrespective of age and gender love to power themselves with fashion and become the center of attraction. Many people do not actually know the meaning of fashion. Flaunting latest trends will not make a person stylish and fashionable. It is important to first learn how to team up the clothes with the best accessories. A person can look fashionable only if they feel comfortable in what they wear. Here are some fashion tips which will help in giving a new look to create a style statement.
Choose your right attire
Finding out the best comfortable attire is essential. Every person must choose a dress that they feel goes well with their body. A dress that does not go well with the body would damage the appearance of the person. Trying to wear anything just because it is on trend doesn’t make a person fashionable.
It is essential to choose the right accessories that pairs up with the apparels and clothes. Wearing wrong accessories is a big fashion faux pas. The entire look of the dress will be complete only with the right accessories on it. Trying to minimize the jewelry while wearing a grand dress will give the person an elegant look. Focusing on accessories while wearing a simple dress would give a gorgeous appearance.
Proportion of the Body
Knowing the body proportion is very important before choosing a dress. Effectively wearing a dress according to the body type will help the person to cover up the flaws in their body. Colours also play an important role here. A person on the heavier side can opt for dark colours to look slim. Dusk skinned people can go for colours that are nude and light. Wearing the same color from head to toe will give a slimmer look.
Choosing the right necklines will increase the style statements. Opting for V necks will make the necks look longer. Boat necks appeal attractive shoulders. Square necklines are commonly used by most of the people. Wearing the necklines according to their body type would enhance the appearance of a person.
Bags create their own style statement. It is preferable to choose a bag that teams up with the outfit. Considering the shape of the bag is also important.Bags are also to be carried according to the body type. People having a small frame body structure can go for a small or a black bag.
Even though Stilettos are not very comfortable they are known to be fashionable because they give the legs a stylish look. Wearing comfortable and trendy flats will also give a stylish look to the appearance. Choosing the shoes appropriate to the attire is very important.
Here are a few fashion essentials all modern men should be aware of. Many of them are not even about fashion but help you look the part. This will be good news for the army of men out there not wanting to follow fashion but still wanting to impress.
Improve your posture
Perhaps the biggest fashion tip of all has nothing to do with fashion itself. It’s about improving your posture when you walk, when you stand and when you sit. An army of office workers today slouch at their desk and walk like their grandparents.
Stand straight, pull back your shoulders, push that ribcage out and look straight ahead, not down to the ground. You will exude confidence and for a man, this is worth much more than what the most expensive suit can achieve and is what makes you manly in the eyes of women: confidence to tackle all of life’s difficulty, confidence in your ability to overcome adversity.
Look after your clothes and they will look after you
To store your shirts and suits in better conditions and for longer, use wide and stout coat-hangers. Thin metal hangers leave creases and sometimes stain the fabric. With heavy suits, they even get bent. Wide and rounded plastic hangers are cheap and do the job just fine, no need to go for the more expensive wooden hanger.
Learn how to repair a button. Man is in the 21st century and many live alone. There is no point in relying on a woman to do something as simple as that. In fact, it makes you look manlier in that you do not shy away from manipulating something as insignificant and small as a needle and helps you ascertain your independence.
And the unavoidable fashion tips
It is OK to have a few mismatched items of menswear. Men are men, they do not have handbags that need to match shoes, gloves that need to match scarfs and hats, matching earring and necklace sets and so on. So if you wear a brown belt and dark brown shoes with black trousers, it’s not the end of the world as long as your clothes look smart and clean. Don’t stress unduly about colour coordination.
Since when was a denim shirt a proper shirt? Leave them alone or if you really love denim, at least don’t wear them together will denim jeans. Denim shirts are best worn over a t-shirt or vest when the weather is neither warm nor cold enough to warrant a sweater or jacket.
Wear your clothes with pride and care. No more hanging trousers (since when was that fashionable?), no ties askew, shirts-sleeves buttoned up, shoes well-polished.
To carry on the topic of hanging trousers, underwear is just that – best kept under clothes so please, no trousers hanging half-way down the bum, no designer-branded underwear elastic band showing above the trouser belt. No guy wants to know what underwear brand you favour.
Use these fashion essentials in your everyday life without becoming a fashion slave. Improve your posture and watch your physical and psychological well-being improve, not to mention your success with women. Focus not on colour coordination but watch that what you wear is smart and wear proudly.
There are so many fashion tips out there for women, but what about men? Men also want to look good especially if they are going to an elegant or formal function such as a wedding or a corporate function. Here are some fashion tips for the modern man.
If you are attending a corporate function that is semi-formal, then you may want to wear something semi-formal. If you need something semi-formal yet classy and elegant, you can choose an informal pants with a shirt and a nice sports jacket or blazer. You don’t really need tie pins and clips for this look. You can choose a cravat which is placed on the inside of your shirt with the first two buttons open. Ask the salesman to show you how to fold the cravat and how to wear it. This will give the jacket a classier look.
With this look casual shoes are perfect. Colour is also very important when choosing a casual shoe. With casual shoe, I don’t mean sneakers. I mean something that is informal but doesn’t have laces like a moccasin or loafer. Remember to take shoes that are going to be comfortable if you are going to stand for a long period of time. If you are going to a place where the venue is outdoors, consider taking an interesting hat that complements your outfit.
You could also opt for the complete formal look that includes a suit, shirt, tie with matching pocket handkerchief, cufflinks and tie pin. All of these individual items need to be colour coordinated to complete the look.
If you are going to a wedding where the colour is red, you could choose a black men’s suit with a black shirt, red tie and red pocket handkerchief. You can pair it with a silver tie pin and silver cufflinks. When buying a suit at any men’s fashion store, the salesman will place your formal men’s suit in a suit bag, it’s important that you take your suit out before you wear it, as it could be creased and needs to be pressed or ironed as it was folded in the bag. Remember to always put your suit back into the same bag as originally purchased to keep it beautiful, dust-free and crease-free. Also keep the box where your shoes were in, so that when you take them off after the function. You can put them back so that it still looks good the next time you wear it again. Last tip; please remove the labels on the sleeve of your jacket. It was bought not borrowed.
Remember you are what you wear. Behind every successful and well-dressed man is a beautiful woman.
Located in Johannesburg’s most iconic shopping institution, the Oriental Plaza, Abrams Stores is a family owned and managed business, specialising in high-end, exclusive branded wear for men and boys. Our philosophy is simple, and has been the driving force behind our success – we value quality, exclusivity and customer service above all else.
Dressing right for the first date is not only a lady’s thing. A man also needs to think about what is desirable and ideas that can be a complete turn off. Therefore, before you put the jeans and t-shirt or shinny suit, you need to think about mens fashion tips. First, be unique. Women like guys who can make a statement without trying too much. Some of the best add ons to make you standout include the watch, chain, belt or the shoes. Find out what your best point is in all of this and make it stand out. It does not have to be a very informal or very formal look. The main thing is to feel comfortable without appearing like you are overdoing it.
For the outfit, a pair of jeans and a designer shirt or t-shirt is good enough with the right accessories; a watch and chain. They make a statement about who you are and put you on a higher pedestal. However, this look can only work for informal events like concerts and the cinema. Do not be tempted to unbutton the first few buttons on your shirt. It is a turn off. If you want to put on something trendy that goes with the current craze, make sure it fits your personality and the impression you want to make in that lady’s mind. T-shirts that hug your chest tightly may look good for a night with the boys, but they may not be the best option when on the first date. Just like it is for women and cleavage, unless you want her drooling at your six pack and forget to locate your face, a loose fitting shirt is better. You can include a blazer to go with the casual look but make sure the hues collaborate.
If you are taking the lady out for dinner at a fancy restaurant, a suit will do. Look for the darker colors, such as black. You can do with or without a tie but in most cases it depends with the location because some venues have dress codes. Look for a shirt that works with the suit. You can go for a light color that will complement the dark suit. The shoes in any event should be in the darker colors. For instance, brown or black shoes go well in formal and informal occasions. However, leather shoes do not match with jeans. You need sport shoes or loafers for that. Creases, no matter know minuscule they are, they say a lot about your character. It is as if they are saying you do not care about your look. She might forgive you this first time but she will remember the creases on your clothes for as long as she lives. In addition, mens fashion tips extend to the hygiene so everything should be spotless. Your clothes, shoes and the body should be clean. Have a clean shaven face and splash some after shave.